Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences Amaravati
The “Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences” (APAS), comes into existence with the initiative of the great visionary Sri P.V.G. Raju, the then Educational Minister, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, who mooted the formation of a forum for all scientists and researchers in the state.
Thus, the “Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences” (APAS) founded in 1963 comprises distinguished scientists, Engineers, Technologists including Medical Fraternity covering the entire spectrum of Science and Technology disciplines.
The objectives of the Akademi are
- The Advancement of Science in Andhra Pradesh
- To provide a forum for reading and discussing scientific papers.
- Propagation of scientific knowledge among people by organizing lectures, seminars, Symposia, tours and excursions, popular exhibitions and distribution of books of popular sciences.
- Establishment of a Science Museum.
- Establishment of a Library with a reading room to serve as a central library for all scientific workers.
- Publication of books and journals on science
- To secure and manage funds and endowments for the promotion of science.
- To assist voluntary science organizations.
- To do and perform all other acts, matters and things that may assist in, conduce to, or be necessary for the fulfillment of the above mentioned aims and objects of the Akademi.